Our grants program supports a wide variety of worthwhile programs serving young people in our community. From middle school reading programs to summer camp stipends for needy young people, we support programs that directly benefit local children.
Wood Reads Program:
Our commitment to childhood literacy includes our participation in this program at the Inza Wood Middle School. Each year, we provide funding so that all of the 750 students and staff can read a book selected by a student committee. The books offer great life lessons, and foster a passion for reading. Teachers throughout the school incorporate the books into their classroom activities.
Having their own personal dictionary helps children learn language, grow vocabulary, and enjoy reading. Each year we provide a student dictionary for every third grade student in each of Wilsonville’s three elementary schools. This year, we provided over 350 dictionaries!
• Wilsonville High School Soul’d Out to compete in national championships
• Wilsonville High School Robotics Team to compete in world championships
• Cub Scout Pack 528 for summer camp scholarships and a new American Flag
• Wilsonville Community Sharing to support the Community Gardens Project
• Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp for physically disadvantaged youth
• Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Cancer program